The world gets brighter, as we get lighter..

Monday, November 21, 2011

Proof.


After my boyfriend went to work today, I decided to take this spare free time to get on here and make some comment and maybe a new post. However, when I started up the computer something was opened. It was written in word like a journal. I wasn't going to read it but the words "fat" and "women" caught my eye. I began to read it and my self worth started declining to almost nothing. I had eaten two eggs this morning with a biscuit. Not just the white but the whole two eggs with a jumbo buttery biscuit. I had eaten all of it and felt full after. I feel like shit. You'll understand after you read it..

"I'm sitting here at Hastings, studying/people-watching. I live in a peculiar time. As a man, I notice women, naturally, but what I find disheartening is the constant obesity that has been wandering through this time and space. I feel like a real woman should know how to take care of herself, to uphold the blessings of being a human, not to be a cow. Not only here, I see this through my daily life. At school. The women working behind gas stations are typically fat. I'm not trying to state the obvious or be rude, but no one says anything about it. No one cares. No one cares about the obese. The obese don't care about themselves. Maybe being a larger size just makes you more noticeable." 

I know he was talking about the actual women out there who have a BMI of over 30. I just keep reading that third sentence over and over, though. I just keep thinking about why I had to split that second egg and why I had to eat that whole biscuit. I didn't. At the time I was thinking "Alright. I'm drinking diet coke so I'll get fuller faster." That obviously didn't work.

I'm trying harder from now on. I now have hard evidence that eating a lot and being "a cow" does bother the opposite sex and this will be my motivation. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its strange how loads of people think men dont notice or care about what you eat, and thats its just in women heads. but its not!
they do care and make mental notes!
x

A.beautiful.mess said...

I think that being a person (not only a woman) means taking care of your boyd and loving your body. I know I don't practise what I preach but I think that taking care of your body is not only about not being fat but also about making sure your body gets enough nutrients and not starving your body.

I get angry at obese people who don't look like they want to improve how they look. I hate the fact that some have just given up.

I think some guys notice everything. But they give mixed signals. Some guys hate the idea of girls dieting and then others hate it when girls order a normal meal. I never know which way to act.

Btw just a comment on your newer post cause I have limited time and loading pages is taking so long tonight. It sounds like you have a really busy and hectic Thanksgiving ahead of you. Good luck with the eating. Have fun but don't ruin all the progress you've made.

Love the thinspo. <3

OH and Happy Thanksgiving :)